Dropbox is officially making moves into the collaborative workspace market with the launch of Dropbox Spaces, the world’s first smart workspace. The new tool, built with machine intelligence, transforms your team’s content into smart workspaces.
Dropbox Spaces brings cloud content and local files together. With Spaces, you have new ways to access everything you need from one central place.
Here are some highlights of what’s new and what’s coming soon:
- Image search is rolling out to Dropbox Professional today on desktop and web, and coming soon to Dropbox Business plans.
- Preview files in high fidelity—including AutoCAD files—right from your desktop even if you don’t have the native application installed.
- Get to your most important work fast from your desktop, by starring the files and folders you use the most for quick access.
- Paper integration in the Dropbox file system, which makes it possible to create, store, and access Paper docs from Dropbox. The release is available to new Paper users, and will be available to existing users soon.
- Dropbox Binder Coming soon – Compile all of your Dropbox files, including images, PDF’s, cloud docs, and more into a single Dropbox Binder, so you can share the published versions with the team.
- Search highlights Coming soon to desktop and web – Easily search for key phrases across text within files and overview descriptions to find what you’re looking for, even if you don’t remember what file or folder it’s in.
- Team highlights on your desktop. Stay focused on the most important work by seeing the most relevant activity from your team.
- Content suggestions right on your desktop.Machine intelligence helps you stay a step ahead by suggesting the content you’re most likely to need right now.
- Calendar integrationon your desktop. Prepare for meetings more effectively by attaching and sharing content for your upcoming meeting, getting quick access to suggested files, and accessing meeting note templates.
- Overview descriptions and to-do lists. With Spaces, folders are no longer just places to store your work. They’re the home base for collaborative projects. Put content in motion by writing overview descriptions, to-dos, and key milestones right on the folder.
- Overview notifications. Close the loopon the progress of shared work by getting notified when updates are made to folder overview descriptions and to-dos, so you can get in sync and keep on schedule.
- Comments from Dropbox on your desktop. Now you can create, view and resolve comments right alongside your files on your desktop, making it easier to get feedback on your content.
- HelloSign integration. Newly designed to let you sign with just a few clicks.
- Trello Coming soon – add Dropbox content to Trello cards and preview files so your tools are more seamlessly connected.
- New capabilities in the months ahead including new features, like Dropbox Transfer – a new way to quickly and securely send large files with password expiration and viewer info.
Dropbox Spaces is the first iteration of the smart workspace. To learn more about Dropbox Spaces and other new features, visit dropbox.com/features/new.