Google recently announced a number of major updates to Drive, its online file storage service. The updates all aim to make the product more palatable for businesses users, in attempt to take on Slack, Facebook & Microsoft.
Google has also updated its workplace tools, called G Suite, is splitting its Hangouts app into two parts — Hangouts Meet for video chat, and Hangouts Chat — which according to some looks a lot like Slack.
New additions to Drive include:
- Create, share and work as a team with Team Drives
- Control sensitive company data with Google Vault for Drive
- Migrate easily to the cloud with AppBridge
- Work seamlessly with the tools you’re already using with Drive File Stream
- Access relevant files immediately with Quick Access which is powered by Google machine intelligence
In an official blog post, Google said,
“With these powerful new enterprise additions to Drive, you have the tools your employees need to execute on big ideas while you maintain the control your organisation needs to keep your data safe.”