Facebook’s offering for enterprise social networking is now used by more than 14,000 organisations in 77 languages. At the F8 Facebook Developer Conference the social network announced several new and important updates to Workplace.
The key updates to Workplace by Facebook include:
- Integrations with enterprise services from Microsoft, Salesforce, Quip and Box to make it easier for Workplace users to access and complete their work.
- Custom bots for work chat and groups, as well as partnerships with bot platforms Converse, PullString, The Bot Platform, kore.ai and Avaamo.
- E-discovery and compliance partnerships with CSDisco, Netskope, Smarsh and Skyhigh to aid clients with their compliance, data loss prevention, e-discovery and legal hold needs.
- Partnerships to boost the quality of live broadcasts and use of the RTMP application-programming interface that underpins Facebook Live. Hardware and software encoder partners include Teradek, Epiphan Video, Elemental, Haivision, OBS Studio and Black Magic. Production partners include Live Media Group, Pixel Corps, Groovy Gecko, Stream Shark, AMV Digital Media, OBS and Wowza. Facebook is also teaming up with BlueJeans to enable clients to stream multiparty video meetings directly to Workplace.
- As previously announced, Workplace Standard is a free version of the platform that will soon be available to companies and organisations.
Posted by Workplace by Facebook on Monday, 17 April 2017
Read more from the official Workplace by Facebook F8 announcement.